2021 Annual General Meeting
This is to advise you, in accordance with the Constitution of the Association, of the forthcoming Annual General Meeting of the members of the National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC, ABN: 66 070 113 192). The details of the meeting are as follows:
Date: Thursday 25 November, 2021
Time: Meeting Opens: 4:45pm (AEDT)
Meeting commences: 5:00pm (AEDT)
note that joining the teleconference is not permitted after the meeting has commenced.
Location: The meeting will be held by video-conference.
The NAWIC Board wishes to advise that an election to fill five (5) vacancies in Director positions on the Board will take place in November 2021.
NAWIC members who meet the criteria set out below are invited to make nomination for election as a Director of the Association.
In accordance with the constitution, on 20 September 2021 all current members will receive a notice that Board Nominations Are Open – the notice will provide a link to the nomination form. Members who are eligible and believe they have time, skills and experience to be a Director need to complete the nomination form. In addition to general information the candidate will be required to submit education and employment details and address the below criteria that will be circulated to all members eligible to vote during the voting process.
Nominations are invited from any NAWIC member who satisfies the following criteria:
- Be a current financial member of NAWIC as at 20th September 2021.
- Be prepared to sign a Consent to Act as a Director (required under the Corporations Act)
- Not be an undischarged bankrupt, nor be subject to a personal insolvency agreement or an agreement under Part X of the Bankruptcy Act 1966 that has not been fully complied
- with, nor be subject to a composition under Part X of the Bankruptcy Act and final payment not having been made, and
- Not have been convicted of various offences such as fraud or offences under company law, such as a breach of duties as a director or insolvent trading.
- Be prepared to undertake the time necessary to attend board meetings and other events.
- Experience in NAWIC or other NFP chapters or sponsors
- Holds or held a Senior Leadership Position
Nominations will close on Friday 15 October 2021 at 17:00 AEDT
More details will be released on Monday 20th November 2021.
2. Apologies and Proxies
3. Minutes of the Previous Meeting – 26th November 2020
4. Chairperson’s Report
5. Treasurer’s Report
-Profit & Loss Account
6. Election of Directors
7. General Business (if any)
Appointment of a Proxy
Any Member who is eligible to vote is entitled to appoint a proxy if unable to attend in person – the appointed proxy must also be a member and must be in attendance at the meeting. All proxies must be notified in writing prior to 5:00 pm (AEDT) on Monday 15 November to NAWIC, [email protected] - Click here to view proxy form.
Pursuant to Section 7.3 of the NAWIC Constitution (2015), a Quorum at the meeting shall consist of ten (10) members, present in person, by proxy, attorney or Representative.
Members will have ample time to ask questions or speak about any items of business. Members may also submit questions in writing prior to the meeting and the Chair will seek to address as many of the topics raised having regard to the available time. Otherwise, questions will be taken on notice during the meeting and addressed subsequently.