- Is a Not-For-Profit organisation formed in 1995 whose mission is to promote and improve the construction industry by the advancement of women
- It provides a forum for its members to meet and exchange information, ideas and solutions
- Offers members an opportunity to expand personal and business networks, maintains awareness of industry developments, improves skills and knowledge, and make a contribution to other women in the construction industry
- To unite women actively involved in the various areas of the construction industry for their mutual benefit
- To promote co-operation, fellowship and a better understanding among members of NAWC
- To promote education and contribute to the betterment of the construction industry
- To encourage women to pursue and establish careers in construction
- To provide members with an awareness of issues relating to the industry
What do we do?
NAWIC provides an extensive range of activities to assist and promote women in the construction industry, through:
Click here to find out more about NAWIC’s activities in your local Chapter
- Education Seminars
- Mentoring Programs
- Community Involvement
- Advocacy on Behalf of Women in Construction
- Marketing and Sponsorship Activities
- Liaison with Like Minded Related Associations
- Regular events
- Fostering international links
Find out about membership
NAWIC is a Not-For-Profit company run by a Board of Directors, elected from each State Chapter Council.
The day to day operations of the Association are run nationally by the CEO.
The State based Chapters are run by the Chapter Councils, which are are elected by the chapter members.
Chapters may form committees dealing with areas such has
education, awards, marketing and events. Any member may actively
participate in a committee of their choosing.
NAWIC is affiliated with many international NAWIC organisations. This includes NAWIC in the USA and Canada through an International Affiliate Agreement.
was founded in Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America in 1953 and
in Australia in 1995 where it is a national organisation.
Who are our Members?
NAWIC is a diverse group of members spanning a broad range of construction related occupations, such as:
- Interior Designers
- Quantity Surveyors
- Project Managers
- Government employees
- Landscape Architects
- Building Inspectors
| Find out about membership